What Happens Next

The omission of the question mark was totally intentional. This post and the ones that'll follow are about what happens next. The 2016 chapter. So much has happened since the last time I updated ya'll. For a quick rundown:

  • I studied for the bar. It was BRUTAL.
  • I retook the bar.
  • I PASSED THE BAR!
  • I got a job in Houston...
  • .... so I moved.
  • I found an apartment here, too! 
  • My foster fail was diagnosed with heartworms from the Time Before I Got Her
  • My old man dog was given a clean bill of health
  • I started adulting full time again
And here we are. It doesn't seem like much now that I've typed it out but living through it seemed cataclysmic. Then again, most things do at the time they're happening. 

Now that my detour is over and now that I have gotten just the tiniest bit of free time back, I'd love to pick this story back up again, if only so that I can remember these stories farther down the road and so that I might be able to find other people who are going through similar things, too.

I'd also be lying if I said I didn't have a small blogging identity crisis over the last few months, too. I admire people who treat blogging as a business but for me, this was always meant to be a personal thing so being inundated with ads and reminders that I needed to increase my traffic or join the right affiliate program was exhausting. And the "Exhausted" field of my life is already full. 

I guess this is a new start for me and this tiny space then. I'm so, so excited for what happens next.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Congratulations on passing The Bar! I'm sure that's such a relief. I always say that our lives have 'seasons'. Things change over time, and you go through different stages. Some easy and some crazy! You just went through a crazy season, haha.
    The best part about blogging is that it gets to be whatever you want it to be! If you aren't blogging for you, it won't stay a priority. Just my 2 cents!
    -Kristen
    www.pugsandpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I admire people who treat blogging as a business but for me, this was always meant to be a personal thing so being inundated with ads and reminders that I needed to increase my traffic or join the right affiliate program was exhausting' OH MY GOSH, YES. JUST YES. Thank you, I am so glad someone feels the same way! Haha, it is mentally exhausting to even think of doing those things when they just don't align with why I do it.

    ANYWAYS - I was going to say that list may not seem like a whole lot to you after writing it out but my eyes definitely widened reading it - 2016 has been massive for you! And congratulations again for passing the bar! :D So exciting and I'm excited for the updates on your blog :)

    Raashi
    reflectionswithraa.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete