The Weekly Happy Hour: Italic

This week found us all a collectively cranky, tired mess. You guys already know how I feel about Wednesdays in general but today was especially bad. After a 3 1/2 hearing that got out late, a terrible headache and backache, and the knowledge that I have a ton of packing to do tonight, I was worn down. Weirdly enough, Nat, Karls, and Ferj all felt the same way. So "Happy Hour" became the Complaining Hour and you know what? It was just what the doctor ordered.

This week, we went to a relatively new haunt called Italic. Due to said tiredness, I didn't get too many good pictures but they had a giant, suspended glass case of wine so that was pretty cool.


They had $4 glasses of wine and happy hour cocktails (I got the wine if you couldn't tell) as well as a few starters including a giant ball of cheese for $8. Yes please!


They also give some free sandwiches with the purchase of a drink so that's definitely a selling point! Overall, it was a decent happy hour. I particularly loved the part about the wine and cheese. Like most places downtown though, parking was terrible. Foodwise, they had some olives and prosciutto (pictured above), for $8ish and $10 respectively. Besides that, they had some $17 pizza which is just a little bit more than I was prepared to pay for pizza so I filled up on bread.
If you're really into Italian food or you're looking for a glass of cheap wine, I'd suggest it! Otherwise, you might want to have a quick peek at the surrounding blocks that are filled to the brim with restaurants.

Overall rating: 3/5

18 comments:

  1. Italian food is the best type of comfort food for days like that! That glass case is so cool! Hope the rest of the week has been picking up for you! :)

    Raashi
    raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is :) I still don't know of a problem that bread and cheese can't fix!

      Delete
  2. It sounds good! I think that is a pretty good price for wine during happy hour, but I agree the pizza does seem a tad expensive!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good but definitely pricy. I guess I'd never really imagined pizza being one of those expensive foods!

      Delete
  3. The restaurant's name is catchy...love Italian food!



     Miriam ♥ A whole lot of serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Give me a plate of spaghetti any day and I'm a happy girl!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, that wine glass case is so impressive! Haha. What a cool way to showcase their wine. I'm a huge fan of Italian food so this place sounds awesome! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?? I'm thinking I might have to install one when I have a house ;) and thank you! A weekend getaway definitely boosted my spirits!

      Delete
  5. Wine and cheese is definitely my remedy for a tough day!! This sounds like a fun place!

    Miranda xxx http://mirandasnotebook.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a blast! I'm quickly becoming a huge fan of happy hours!

      Delete
  6. Hope today was better than your Wednesday! Nothing a little wine and cheese at happy hour can't solve though right? You had me sold on this place at $8 ball of cheese...

    Laura

    Laura Aime Vous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree. Rough days call for carbs!

      Delete
  7. I kind of wanted to see what the giant ball of cheese would look like. You can't go wrong with four dollar wines though. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking back, I realize I definitely should have gotten a picture of it but I might be guilty of attacking it as soon as it arrived at the table!

      Delete
  8. I don't think you could ever go wrong with $4 wine! Lovely post x

    Liz | LotsofLoveLiz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great place to go with friends! :)

    Rachel - Cake Doesn't Count x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Then again, friends make most places great :)

      Delete