Halloween Recap

J and I take Halloween costumes very seriously. We start brainstorming months in advance and he uses the time to put together the perfect costume (while I usually end up waiting until the last minute. Oops). Last year, we did Gamora and Star Lord from Guardians of the Galaxy. It was awesome but it took about 3 days for the green to wash off completely, so my only requirement was that body paint would not be required this year.

Luckily, Star Wars came to the rescue! We bounced between characters for a while but we ultimately decided on Luke and Darth Vader!


J ordered a full costume weeks in advance. He tricked himself out with a lightsaber attached to his equipment belt via carabiner. I like to put together costumes with pieces of regular clothes and Forever 21 stepped in with a leather dress with chunky pockets and a thick, lined belt. I found gauntlets, knee high socks. The only 'costumey' things were the mask and cloak.

We went to a friend's party where we found more of our posse...


... various villains, a skunk, and a ghost!


Halloween was a blast and I guess sometime in the next few weeks, J's going to start with the Halloween brainstorm for next year. First though, I have to deal with this monster of a week. Bar results come out on Thursday and I'm already a mess, so if you don't hear from me between now and then, you know why! At this point, my life feels like it's sort of divided between now and after Thursday. My job prospects, my apartment situation all depend on that one day. It's kind of a lot to take in. But I'm taking it one day at a time, because what else can you do?

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, dressing up for Halloween looks like such fun. I love both of your costumes. Good luck for the results, Ally. Fingers crossed!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck getting your results tomorrow! Fingers crossed! I totally remember that feeling waiting for my CPA results, take lots of deep breaths and try to sleep tonight. Love this costume by the way! I always like to try and make a costume with normal clothes so I can try and re-wear the pieces as well!

    Laura
    Laura Aime Vous

    ReplyDelete