A Rainy Weekend Recap

This weekend managed to be a success despite the fact that it started raining Friday night and literally did not stop until Sunday morning. Some of my best friends (and sister) came in from out of town and we hit up the Panic Room (again by popular demand) and it was just as fun as it was the last time. We did the "Bomb Room" this time which meant we had one hour to find the "bomb" and escape the room. Somehow, we managed to do it in 47 minutes. I genuinely have no idea how we got out so fast but it made us feel brainy and successful all at once! 


Plus, finishing a bit early wasn't a problem since we had dinner reservations to get to. Given all of our new free time, we decided to walk the few blocks and rehash our greatest moments. Does anyone else ever do that? Start talking about an experience almost as soon as it's over? I've always been a big "Instant Replay" kind of person and luckily, so were most of us. 

For dinner, we were trying a new (to us) place called Arro. It's on West 6th Street which meant that the white, non-descript building was surrounded by bumping, music-filled places. The energy seemed to transfer inside and it was wonderful. The whole place was filled with great music and conversation, cheeses and tons of wine. 


Arro, which bills itself as a French restaurant, definitely follows the French method of dining. There was a healthy amount of time between the drinks, the cheeses, the entrees, and the dessert and that was just fine by me. It as nice having time to catch up with people I hadn't seen for a while and nibble on different cheeses and a ton of bread. (I have a thing for carbs). Plus, it took us a super long time to decide what we wanted to order. Once we did decide though, it seemed like we all ordered the same thing.


I guess I don't really wonder why. The steak (and fries!) were delicious. It didn't dawn on us until the plates were cleaned that we probably should have ordered different entrees so that we could try more of the menu, but I don't think we had any regrets. 





Finally, we wrapped it up with a tiny profiterole filled with the best (and only) hazelnut ice cream I have ever had.


J and I slept in the next morning then eventually ventured out to see The Martian. It was so good! Even though I'm starting to think more and more that space movies stress me out. 


Have any of you guys see it? Any thoughts? I've been meaning to read the book so hopefully I'll get back to you guys about that soon! How were your weekends? Hopefully the weather was a little more cooperative!

Linking up with Her Heartland Soul for the weekend roundup!

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like SUCH a lovely weekend! I so want to do a panic room experience with my friends, congrats to you guys for finishing so quickly! I am such an instant replay person as well :) I also have such a thing for carbs, good bread is just the yummiest! Love that photo of all the different plates and glasses on the table - you can just see the fun! I was just talking to my work friend about the Martian today, I am yet to see it but really want to now :)

    Raashi
    http://raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great weekend, the food looks amazing! Great post!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that food looks amazing!! You had such a fun weekend!

    Ashley || Sed Bona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great birthday weekend! That food looks so yummy, and I love that spunky menu haha. I want to read the book too, I haven't seen the movie but I've heard good things!

    Laura
    Laura Aime Vous

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like it was a great weekend! I loved seeing the photos. I have not seen the Martian but I really want to get to it soon. ♡♡

    xoxoBella | http://xoxobella.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My boyfriend was telling me about those panic rooms. They look so fun!

    http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The panic room looks so cool I wish there was attractions like that in the UK!

    www.laurenashleighbarden.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete