Spooky Spaces: Halloween Decoration Guide

Guys. I love, love Halloween. Really, I love all of the holidays between October and December to an unhealthy degree and Halloween is the first chance I really have to go all out! Because J and I are in different cities this year, we've gotten to pick two different themes to run with. He is clearly into the Zombie/Scary theme...

J's door for reference. Courtesy of Target Dollar Spot! 
And I'm more into the Spooky/Witches/Black cat scene. (Alternative themes include: Day of the Dead and Slasher Chic of course).

So for the Spooky/Witches/Black cat theme, I'm thinking glittery black candles, gold accents, and some aged-looking wood to give it a Knockturn Alley-type feel.

/ 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10
When J and I first started decorating for Halloween, I remember a bunch of the stuff available being super cheesy (all orange, black, and pumpkin) so it's been nice to see some variety pop up! I also love the fact that a ton of stuff (the tea light candle holder, the black glitter candle, and even the flask) can be used for other things since they aren't so overtly Halloween-y.

Best of all, this lets me combine my love for Harry Potter and Halloween into one fun theme! I think this'll make the perfect place to post up drinking warm cider and watching Nightmare Before Christmas (Is this a Halloween movie or a Christmas movie? I'm not sure we'll ever know).


12 comments:

  1. Wow, you are really prepared for Halloween. I never used to celebrate it until I had my son, now we go to Halloween Disney Party every year.

    http://www.pixics.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! I love the idea of chic halloween decorations :) That golden skull is awesome and that bird cage candle holder is really cool, I've never seen one like that before. Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the black and gold tones to the things you chose - perfect for Halloween!

    Miranda xxx http://mirandasnotebook.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sparkly skull! So fun! I have moved every year since I started college (and even after graduating) so I've never decorated because I never want to buy decorations and then move them to a new place! I might have to get a couple of touches though :)

    Laura
    Laura Aime Vous

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sparkly skull! So fun! I have moved every year since I started college (and even after graduating) so I've never decorated because I never want to buy decorations and then move them to a new place! I might have to get a couple of touches though :)

    Laura
    Laura Aime Vous

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI I nominated you for a Lobster award. I found you on the FB page for blogging boost. My post is here. http://www.thehungoverwidow.com/the-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s such a lovely and beautiful post! I’d like to say that I’ve been reading your blog for some time and I like your style of writing and the posts that you shares with us! Great job!

    Diana Cloudlet
    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I'm pleasantly surprised by how chic halloween decorations have gotten - love your picks!!!

    Raashi
    http://raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. Halloween must be so much fun, I'm so sorry it's not popular here in Hungary! I love the golden skull, it's creepy but there's something I like about it :)
    Have a great week!

    xo, Esther

    http://bubblesther.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay halloween! great post haha i'm getting too excited!

    xx closetchronicle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so much fun!

    Kara

    www,whimsysoul.com

    ReplyDelete