Good Vibes

I've always been a big believer in good vibes. That you get out of the universe what you put into it. Ever since I was in high school, I'd let cars into my lane when I wasn't in a hurry and I resisted the urge to honk when someone did something silly because it was my hope that I was earning one entry into a lane at the last minute or a not-honk when I deserved one. It seems kind of silly typing it out now but I like to think that there's a sort of balance to it all.

The reason I'm rambling on about my world view is because I could really use some good vibes from you guys this week. I'm currently finishing up a fellowship at a job I love and I just learned that they're hiring a full-time position for the same exact job. Because it's government-affiliated, they have to go through all of the proper procedures but my supervisor suggested that I apply and I figured, why the heck not? Now my interview is today and I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed it goes well!

In the mean time though, I'll be a nervous wreck since I get the joy of watching the applications roll in plus I'll be watching applicants stroll in and out of their interviews. I've never been in quite this situation before but if anyone has some insight, I would really appreciate it!

Happy Tuesday and wish me luck!

Etsy

8 comments:

  1. Good luck! And I'm a true believer in vibes as well! Positive thoughts and energy bring more positivity your way! Keep up the good work. loving your blog!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good vibes are the best! Love this post :)

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! If you already know the job and the boss then I think you have a leg up against the other applicants! If this one doesn't work out, then I'm sure some good vibes karma will present you with an even BETTER job! Whatever happens, I like to think you end up where you belong. That being said, best of luck :)

    Laura
    Laura Aime Vous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the way you phrase things :) I agree that things will fall into place when it's time. I wouldn't mind if now was the time though!

      Delete
  4. I love this SO MUCH. Your first paragraph is literally my world view too, I did a whole blogpost on the Importance of Positivity. But, ahhh - GOOD LUCK!!!

    “I think it’s healthy for a person to be nervous. It means you care - that you work hard and want to give a great performance. You just have to channel that nervous energy into [your performance].”

    You’ve chosen to do this, and essentially been chosen to do this, for a reason - remember that! So, with what you’re about to do, just believe and trust that you got this! 👊 Sending so much luck and good vibes your way! :)

    Raashi
    http://raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I always love your comments! You are so sweet! These are definitely good reminders I've been needing.

      Delete